News and Events
We are happy to announce that the Bioenergy program has been renamed to Bioprocessing and Bioenergy. The new name better reflects the scope and content of the curriculum that the students are currently studying.
Interested in getting your Master's degree? Join us at one of our on campus spring events to speak with faculty, students and alumni about degrees with the Illinois PSM program.
- Tuesday, February 28th - Illinois PSM Information Session, 5:00 - 6:00pm, Sims Room, ACES Library
- Wednesday, March 1st - Drop In Session, 1:30 - 3:00 pm, ACES Library Lobby
- Saturday, March 11th - ExplorACES, TBA, TBA
- Wednesday, March 29th - Drop In Session, 12:30 - 2:00 pm, ACES Library Lobby
- Tuesday, April 11th - Illinois PSM Information Session, 5:00 - 6:00 pm, 1022 Lincoln Hall
- Tuesday, April 18th - Drop In Session, 1:30 - 3:00 pm, ACES Library Lobby
Webinars are also being planned for students who are not close to the University of Illinois Campus.
GIS Day 2016 was a great opportunity for our students to showcase their work, and reflect on all of the new skills they have acquired since entering the program this fall. Te-Yao “Dale” Lee and Xu Li received awards for their submissions to the Student Poster and Map competition, and Fikriyah Winata gave one of the four Practical GIS Presentations. Other GIS-PSM students also actively participated in GIS Day events, presenting maps and posters, and interacting with the event’s many business, academic, and governmental GIS participants.
To learn more about student awards and internship offering, read the full article here.
The Illinois PSM Office is happy to announce the upcoming graduation of ten of our graduate students. We will be celebrating their accomplishments next Friday, December 16th at 5:00 pm during the College of ACES graduation ceremony at the Krannert Center for Performing Arts.
In Champaign-Urbana? Visit us at one of our fall events to learn more about the Illinois PSM!
- Wednesday, October 5th - Illinois PSM Poster Showcase, 4:00 - 6:00 pm, Heritage Room, ACES Library
- Thursday, October 6th - ACES and Sciences Career Fair, 1:30 - 6:00 pm, ARC
- Thursday, October 13th - Drop In Hours, 12:30 pm - 2:00pm, ACES Library lobby
- Wednesday, October 19th - Graduate and Professional School Fair, 12:00 - 4:00 pm, Illini Union
- Thursday, October 20th - Information Session, 5:00 - 6:00 pm, 304 Coble Hall
- Tuesday, November 1st - Information Session, 5:00 - 6:00 pm, Sims Room, ACES Library
- Wednesday, November 2nd - Drop In Hours, 11:30 - 1:00pm, ACES Library lobby
Summary of events
- Poster Showcase: 2nd year PSM students explain how they combined their science and business knowledge during their summer internship
- Drop-In hours: Illinois PSM hosts informal meet and greets to answer your questions about the program
- Career/Graduate School Fairs: Similar to drop-ins, but held in conjunction with career fair
- Information Sessions: Presentation on the Illinois PSM by staff, alumni and current students, followed with Q + A about the program.