News and Events
GIS Day 2016 was a great opportunity for our students to showcase their work, and reflect on all of the new skills they have acquired since entering the program this fall. Te-Yao “Dale” Lee and Xu Li received awards for their submissions to the Student Poster and Map competition, and Fikriyah Winata gave one of the four Practical GIS Presentations. Other GIS-PSM students also actively participated in GIS Day events, presenting maps and posters, and interacting with the event’s many business, academic, and governmental GIS participants.
To learn more about student awards and internship offering, read the full article here.
The Illinois PSM Office is happy to announce the upcoming graduation of ten of our graduate students. We will be celebrating their accomplishments next Friday, December 16th at 5:00 pm during the College of ACES graduation ceremony at the Krannert Center for Performing Arts.
In Champaign-Urbana? Visit us at one of our fall events to learn more about the Illinois PSM!
- Wednesday, October 5th - Illinois PSM Poster Showcase, 4:00 - 6:00 pm, Heritage Room, ACES Library
- Thursday, October 6th - ACES and Sciences Career Fair, 1:30 - 6:00 pm, ARC
- Thursday, October 13th - Drop In Hours, 12:30 pm - 2:00pm, ACES Library lobby
- Wednesday, October 19th - Graduate and Professional School Fair, 12:00 - 4:00 pm, Illini Union
- Thursday, October 20th - Information Session, 5:00 - 6:00 pm, 304 Coble Hall
- Tuesday, November 1st - Information Session, 5:00 - 6:00 pm, Sims Room, ACES Library
- Wednesday, November 2nd - Drop In Hours, 11:30 - 1:00pm, ACES Library lobby
Summary of events
- Poster Showcase: 2nd year PSM students explain how they combined their science and business knowledge during their summer internship
- Drop-In hours: Illinois PSM hosts informal meet and greets to answer your questions about the program
- Career/Graduate School Fairs: Similar to drop-ins, but held in conjunction with career fair
- Information Sessions: Presentation on the Illinois PSM by staff, alumni and current students, followed with Q + A about the program.
Interested in the Illinois PSM and want to learn more? Check to see if you are one of our stops!
Illinois State University: Agriculture Career Day; Tuesday, September 20, 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Ohio State University: CFAES Career Day; Thursday, September 29th, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Applications for Fall 2017 admission are now open!
Fall 2017 Programs include:
- Agricultural Production (Animal, Crop or Sustainable Production Systems)
- Food Science and Human Nutrition
- Geographic Information Science
- Technical Systems Management.