You are here
At A Glance
Apply Now for Fall 2014 admission!
Already admitted? Visit the Orientation page for important information and action items for you to take to enroll in fall term.
The Illinois Professional Science Master’s (PSM) offers M.S. degree programs combining science knowledge and business know-how. The programs are full-time, do not require a thesis, and are completed in 16-months -- three semesters and one summer term.
The Illinois PSM is designed for those who want careers in science-based settings in positions that combine science with management and leadership responsibilities. Programs have solid core graduate-level curricula, integrated with business courses such as management and marketing, accounting and finance, and project management.
The Illinois PSM is built around four integrated learning components:
- Science - the core of the program in a specific field of study
- Business - coverage of essential business knowledge and skills
- Industry seminar series - interaction with business experts and examination of current and emerging business issues
- Internships - hands-on work experience to support students' personal and professional goals
The Illinois PSM offers degree programs in
- Agricultural Production,
- Food Science and Human Nutrition,
- Plant Biotechnology, and
- Technical Systems Management.
Visit the Illinois PSM Programs webpage for more information.
Connect with the Illinois PSM
Sign up with Illinois Connect for customized information about the Illinois PSM and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Select one of the five Illinois PSM programs and we'll keep you updated on admissions, events, and other information based on your interests.