You are here
At A Glance
- Basics - your Illinois computer accounts, ID card, etc.
- Advising - consulting with your program advisor about fall courses
- Class Registration - registering online for fall semester
- Orientation - your program kickoff
- Connections - directory and social media connections with your new peers
- Resources - links for transportation, housing, community information, and more
You are almost done!
Make sure you have added your name to the December graduation list. You can do this on UI-Integrate Self-Service.
If you are considering the fourth semester option, please see Dr. Sightler directly and see the information distributed via Compass. If this requires an I-20 extension, make your decision with enough lead time to process your required paperwork.
Graduates' Reception and Ceremony - December 20
- Illinois PSM Reception - The Illinois PSM will host a reception for graduates and guests at 3:30 p.m. in the Illini Union rooms 209 and 210. Light hors d'oeuvres will be served. In order to properly prepare, please register for the PSM reception and indicate the number of guests attending.
- Graduate Recognition Ceremony - Graduates will assemble and process into Rooms A, B, and C of the Illini Union. The ceremony begins at 5:00 p.m. Graduates will be recognized by name on stage.
- Registration and attire - To register for the ceremony, order cap and gown (optional), and other information such as parking and photographs, please visit ACES’s graduation webpage. Please register for both the PSM reception and for the ceremony. Cap and gown orders are due by November 20; ceremony registration is by December 13.
- May Graduation - As a December graduate, you may also participate in the Campus-wide Commencement Ceremony in May, 2014. Information regarding the spring ceremonies will be emailed to graduates in late March.
- Questions? - If you have questions, contact Sarah Adams in the College of ACES at (217) 244-4540 or email@example.com or Jamie Smith with the Illinois PSM at (217) 265-5363 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have guests traveling from outside of the U.S. and need a letter documenting their travel purpose, please contact Dr. Sightler at email@example.com.
Congratulations! Enjoy this opportunity to celebrate your accomplishments with your fellow graduates and with your family and friends.
NOTICE: IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR CAMPUS EMAIL
Remember: If you have campus email setup to forward to a personal account, email from most campus email addresses DO NOT FORWARD. This may include information about your registration, tuition payment, etc. Regularly log-in to your campus email for messages that have not been forwarded.