Jiangdong “Chuck” Liu is a current Illinois PSM student in the Geographic Information Science program. He earned his undergraduate degree in geography and geographic information science from the University of Illinois. Chuck is currently completing his internship at Urban GIS in Chicago. Upon graduation, he plans to provide GIS consulting services to businesses looking to enhance cite selection, supply chain management and finding ways to improve the quality of their products and services. Chuck praises the Illinois PSM for assisting him with career preparations and helping him compare various offers for his internship.
Geographic Information Science Admission Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or a comparable degree from a recognized institution abroad
- Grade point average of 3.0 or higher (4.0 scale) for the last 60 hours of undergraduate work and for any graduate work
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 79 or higher (internet-based test), 550 or higher (paper-based test), or 213 or higher (computer based test) for applicants whose native language is not English
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
The priority application date is January 15, 2017.
Applications will be accepted until June 15th for international students and July 1st for domestic students.
For additional information, application directions, or to discuss your learning and career objectives, contact Shakil Kashem, major advisor for geographic information science, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 300-3404.